Vacancy as PhD candidate in agroecology!
The position is linked to a new ERA-project named PROENV - Balancing production and environment.
If you are a Msc in agroecology or equivalent subjects, who also qualifies to PhD studies, we'll be interested in hearing from you!
The position is a recruitment position with the goal of later permanent employment in NORSØK.
The PhD study will be carried out as part of the project «Balancing production and environment (PROENV)». The project is an ERA-network project and is led by Aarhus University, Denmark, and has partners in Norway, Spain and Italy.
The purpose of the project is to gain knowledge and tools to achieve an optimal balance between agricultural production and environmental effects by optimizing the distribution of livestock manure in time and place. PhD will work with systems analysis and modeling, and look in particularities at the effect of intensifying livestock production on greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, nutrient balances, biodiversity and economics. As part of this, we will investigate the effect of ecological and agro-ecological methods as an alternative to intensive agricultural production.
Office location will be at NORSØK at Tingvoll in Norway. A short stay at Aarhus University is included, as part of the PhD study.
Professional qualification requirements:
- science education at MSc level in agroecology or equivalent
- that the research fellow is qualified for admission to PhD education
- good in English written and oral
- be able to participate in oral communication in a Nordic language
- knowledge of Norwegian and / or European agriculture
It will count positively with:
- previous work experience (especially in agriculture)
- relevant additional education
- experience from computer modeling and interdisciplinary collaboration
- experience from working with large amounts of data
- motivation for research career
- ability for abstract thinking and systems thinking
- large work capacity and implementation ability
- ability to work independently and efficiently
- good collaboration and communication skills
- a good and stimulating work environment
- challenging and independent work tasks
- pension scheme in the Government Pension Fund
- various welfare schemes
- help to obtain housing
Salary and employment conditions:
Salary according to current agreements.
Further information is available by contacting general manager Turid Strøm, tel. 407 69 922, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or project manager Sissel Hansen, tel. 901 31 782 E-mail: email@example.com
Applications with CV, diplomas and certificates are sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark the application «PhD application».
Application deadline: 03.12.21